The answer to any open question.
The prime directive and origin of existence.
Extended and adapted from Gary Chapman's 1995 book
- (receiving) gifts 👍🎂🎁
- (physical) touch 👆💆💆♂️
- words (of affirmation) 🖕🎭🥰
- (quality) time 💍👯👨👩👧👦
- (acts of) service 🤙👷♀️👨🍳
What are the love languages for beings who have detached value from material existence and the judgments that arise within in?
- effortless anticipation of needs to ease continued detachment and disillusionment. Embracing karuna (compassion)
- mudita, karuna, metta, upeksha and the [Brahmavihārās]
- shared joy without interference or envy. Embracing brahmacharya (nonspoiling), compersion
- unconditional support and acknowledgement of another's path of choice. Embracing asteya (nonstealing) and anatta (nonself)
- [mindfulness] of the probability of tense circumstances that alleviates stress before it arises or bats it down before it grows. Embracing agaripraha (nongrasping)
- embracing anitya (nonlasting), allowing harm to pass and injury to heal
Four Elements of Love
via Thich Nhat Hanh
- Loving Kindness, metta, maitri, kindled within oneself with healing love, then offered as happiness to anyone.
- Compassion, karuna, understanding suffering in self and other
- Joy, mudita, offered as uplifting presence; vicarious, shared joy
- Equanimity, uppekha, upeksha, anyone could be anyone to anyone, so we give everyone equal value, potential, possibility to love
"The roots of a lasting relationship are mindfulness, deep listening and loving speech, and a strong community to support you." —Thich Nhat Hanh, How to Love
- the primary force of creation
- the reason for being(s)
- the answer to any question, ultimately
- the opposite of fear and hate
- Love propels progress through evolution.
- The [Emotion] you experience when you are aware of your nature and you realize your affinity for existence in any form.
From Get Real [[May 12th, 2018]] or [[2018-05-12]]
Love, like [Satchitananda], seems to be absolute. Everything else is relative. When we consider non-being, love appears relative. Being is to non-being as love is to fear. But as we cannot conceptualize or model non-being. We often view love as absolute as being. The [Tao] contains non-being as well, and as such:
""The way you can go isn't the real way. The name you can say isn't the real name." — [Tao Te Ching] §1 as interpreted by [[Ursula K. Le Guin]]"
Reality is a relational matrix of innumerable quanta, infinitesimal reality cells that can be in this state or that state, a 1-one or a 0-zero, yin or yang.
Existence itself though is dimensionless, timeless, featureless: pure potential with unconditional love for itself, at once everything and no-thing, everywhere and nowhere.
It is this limitless love, without beginning or end, origin or resolution, that brings us to be. #[Where Babies Come From]
[CNXNS] wants to know and enjoy itself, so it fashions itself a manifold of facets, each with a lens of experience to focus and the will to evolve and resolve ignorance.
We tend to experience this will to resolve ignorance as curiosity. All life is curious, you will notice, unless deterred by fear, pain, and other threats of non-being.
You, an awareness, are one of these facets.
Love is the reason you are #NowHere.
Love is one of two possible answers to a chain of "Why?"
Why are you here reading this? If you did not answer with either Love or Fear, ask why again.
Why do you want to know more about how we got here and what to do about it? Love or Fear
Keep asking why. I think you will find that either love or fear is the foundational motivation for anything you attend or intend, and thus for every action you take and choice you make. #Sting
Affinity draws together, converts energy from potential to movement, keeps us spinning and dancing, and pulls us into radiant union to warm our bones and shower us with the light of love.
Affinity, and thus gravity, grows stronger as we grow closer, as union becomes more likely.
Love is not a choice.
It is the force of absolute truth. It is felt.
You cannot change what or whom you love, but you can pay attention and set intentions with the love you feel, or choose to ignore it and allow instead for fear to steer you.
Love will guide you to create, to accept, to collude and commune, to collaborate and conspire.
Fear on the contrary will help you rise against.
With fear you can conquer and rule, you can take ownership rather than accepting responsibility, you can murder the track, or kill it on stage.
Fear will help you act considerately, where you take the sides of others to predict their feelings while remaining separate from them. Considering requires no compassion, and is employed to avoid pain, not to generate and share joy. [G.I. Gurdjieff]
You will really stand out when you set yourself apart out of deeply rooted fear.
You will be fearsome, and less loved, for fear begets fear as love breeds love, and each cancels the other as any pair of [Mutually Defining Opposites].